What is Acne?
Acne is a general term for pimples and deeper pustules that are clogged pores. If severe enough, acne can leave deep scars.
Types of Acne:
- Acne Vulgaris – Acne vulgaris involves multiple lesions such as whiteheads, blackheads, papules, pustules and nodules at various stages of development .
- Acne Rosacea-It appears as a red rash which is normally confined to the cheeks, nose, forehead and chin. The redness is often accompanied by bumps, pimples, and skin blemishes.
- Acne Conglobata (Hidradenitis suppurativa): It is characterized by numerous large lesions, which are sometimes interconnected, along with widespread blackheads.
- Acne Fulminans: This is an abrupt onset of acne conglobata which normally afflicts young men. As with acne conglobata, extreme, disfiguring scarring is common.
- Nodulocystic Acne – This is also one of the severe forms of acne.