What is psoriasis?
Psoriasis is a non-contagious, chronic skin condition that produces round, dry skin patches of varying size that are covered with white, gray, or silvery-white scales. Normally your skin sheds its layers every 25-30 days. In psoriasis the affected lesions shed ever 3-4 days resulting in a buildup of silvery scales. The dry scales penetrate your superficial skin layer resulting in itching.
Causes of Psoriasis?
There is no definite cause of psoriasis; however there is evidence of an autoimmune response in which the body’s immune system mistakenly targets its own healthy cells. Predisposing factors:
- A positive family history may predispose you to be affected by this condition.
- Physical & Emotional Stress are responsible for aggravating or causing the lesions to reappear
- Environmental factors – Skin irritants, local trauma, infections, alcohol, steroid
- Red, thickened patches/lesions on the skin – these may vary from small rain-drop sized lesions to large ones covering an extensive area
- The lesions are covered with silvery scales
- Itching of the lesions is a common feature – there may be burning that occurs after scratching
- There may be discomfort or pain experienced at the site of lesions
- The lesions are dry and excessive dryness may cause cracked skin and bleeding
- During the active stage of the disease, scratching or cutting the skin may give rise to new lesions at such areas
- Nails may be thickened, pitted or ridged.
- There may be discoloration of the nails and they may crumble or detach from the nail-bed
- In case of joint affection, there is swelling and stiffness of joints
Homeopathy for Psoriasis:
Homeopathic medicines help by improving our body’s (immune) innate response and guide the body back to a healthy state, naturally. It work in following way.
- It stimulates body’s own healing process
- It works at root level and restores deviated immunity back to normalcy.
- It works by addressing the genetic tendencies
Whether or not is okay to take two medications for Psoriasis treatment simultaneously is question only Psoriasis specialists who are treating you can answer. And it is always advisable to talk to both the doctors about the other treatment and keep them both in the loop. So that if there appears any new uncalled for development, it is easier to identify when all the facts are before the doctor.
Psoriasis treatment is long and often as complicated as the problem itself. Doctors may combine oral and application medicines like drops, injections, applications, capsules, syrups etc. They may also prescribe lifestyle changes. To get Psoriasis Treatment by Specialist Doctors you can talk to friends, colleagues, family who have taken that treatment and if you don’t find anyone you can find Psoriasis specialist doctors online. Talk to them before starting session, let them examine you. See if you are comfortable with them. If you are comfortable with your Psoriasis specialist and feel he understands your problem, you will respond better the medicine and get better faster.