ABCD of Hair transplant:
Are you feeling sad by seeing your hair in the comb? Do you suffer from low self esteem because of hair loss? Or wearing a cap to hide your baldness? But now you don’t need to worry on this because getting back your natural hair is just one step away. Most important aspect is one can grow hair naturally without any side effect
Hair loss treatments are on the rise. For both men and women suffering hair loss, a hair restoration offers them an opportunity to regain their hair. Should you go for hair transplant without exploring other avenues of hair grow technique? The recent newspaper report by the Times of India also quoted surgeons from the Association of Hair Restoration Surgeons (AHTS) saying that a hair regrowth rate of nearly 40 -50 percent is achievable without transplant.
There are several medical treatments available to help reduce hair loss at Dr Renge’s total clinic for both men & women, these are:
- Homeopathy medicine– which acts internally & works from within to treat the underline disorder that is causing the hair loss thus providing a permanent solution, it also blocks DHT, which leading cause of hair loss
- Laser hair treatment
- Mesoporation for hair growth
- Platelet-rich plasma treatment.
- Hair Transplant
Understanding the underlying causes of hair loss in each individual is key to creating a personalized treatment plan that can reverse the situation or prevent it from worsening. This is why exploring other options, other than a hair transplant, is vital as a first fix.
The most important aspect of hair loss is its medical implication. Loss of hair is almost always a sign of an internal disorder. It is often first warning signal of many deep seated ailments including thyroid, Diabetes and anemia.
Once the effects of medical treatments have been observed over a period of time, some patients are happy with the result and decide to continue without transplant surgery. However, in some cases people decide they still want to go ahead with a hair transplant.
Dr Renges TOTAl Clinic offers a range of hair restoration treatment options as mentioned earlier. Whether you are experiencing the early signs of hair loss or you’ve lost most of your hair, arrange a consultation to discuss your options with an expert. During the consultation, you will find out more about the medical treatments available, as well as the hair transplant.
Steps for hair transplant
It is a surgical process that involves removal of hair follicles from healthy hair site ( donor area) & transplanting them in the hairless portion ( receptor area).
There are two types of hair transplanting technique like FUT & FUE
The FUT process involves removing a small strip of tissue from the back of the head, from which the donor hair follicles will be extracted. The hair follicles are harvested from the strip by a skilled clinical team before being individually transplanted to the recipient areas. It leaves a slim scar at the donor site and promises recovery within two weeks.
FUE can be done in a single or several settings. It is a manual and time taking process but gives very natural results and leaves behind no marks. However, it is not a cost effective process and is time consuming both for the doctor and the patient. However use of robotics transplant has reduced the time in this process and simplified it immensely.
Here are the steps:
- Preparation for the hair transplant: In the initial step of the Hair Transplant Surgery, hair follicles from the back of the head are removed and relocated to the balding areas.
- Donor area trimmed.
- Donor area prepared for surgery and is given local anesthesia.
- Hair folical in the donor area removed with the help of robotic extractor
- Incisions made in the balding areas with robotic implanter and hair follicles are implanted one by one in marked areas.
- Grafts placed according to their densities, the smallest grafts (one and two) are placed in front of the hairline and three and four (denser than one and two) are placed behind.
- After the hair transplant surgery, tiny incisions with short hair would be visible on the patients operated area.
- The incision marks heal naturally and the redness in the recipient area vanishes itself within a week.
Facts about hair transplant:
1) The transplanted hair behaves like natural hair and sheds between two to four weeks of transplant. The roots thereafter start sprouting hair naturally and continue to do so for a lifetime.
2) Use of local anesthesia makes it a painless procedure and the patient can go home the same day.
3) Every case of baldness does not have a solution in hair transplantation. It entirely depends on case to case basis.
4) The cost of the procedure depends on the number of grafts. The more the number of grafts, the higher the cost.